Friday, December 10, 2010

CT blog assignment #5

While the course has given us wonderful insights into the concepts of cloning , aritificial intelligence, and other technologies, my stances on each of these concepts have not changed so drastically.  My persepctive on these matters has actually remained quite the same. The readings offered interesting idea that possibly an individual who did not know to much about the subjects could probably formulate some form of a decent opinion. The best readings that were insightful to promises and perils of these concepts were Never let me go and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, both were intriguing stories that brought your to the heart of the debates amongst cloning and artificial intelligence. Call me old fashioned but I am conservative in some respect when it comes to these issues.  We are hardly figuring out ourselves yet, and I think to jump so far without a parachute just seems terribly irresponsible. Which is why it is good that there is a debate on the matters. Though, it must be taken into account the atrocities that may occur with these future aspects. As well, I have always loved movies that central themselves around issues and are able to articulate the ideas in a moving way that it really gets you thinking. One of my favorites was "V for Vendetta", but I digress. Hopefully it can insipre a lot of use to stand up  for our convitions as opposed to the many who do not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment